Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary…though we’ve been together for much longer.
For our present to each other, we’ve decided that travel is a good choice. Right now, it is either a summer cruise to Canada or a trip to Iceland..both have their pluses and minuses…
- Canada is very close by, so the trip would be easy
- There are actually direct cruises out of Boston, so the price is fairly cheap as well
- I’ve wanted to go back to Halifax since 2012 when I had the chance to work there for 2 days with Parks Canada. I would love to do a little bit of exploring.
- Canadians are some of my favorite visitors 🙂
- I figure I can bring back at least one big bottle of my favorite whiskey, maple syrup flavored whiskey. YUM
- Iceland looks absolutely beautiful in photographs
- It is a mere 5 hour direct flight from here, which is excellent
- Going to a fjord would make me so happy, its one of my favorite words
- I might be able to see the northern lights there
- I’m not sure anyone else I know has ever or will ever go there
So, its pretty even in my head…lots of ideas, never enough time or money!
Stopped by the Harbor Islands the other day and took about 100 photos. Hopefully I will win a contest that is being run 🙂
This is the best photo I took that day.
I’ve been feeling in a rut lately, and it has everything to do with the fact that I have a lot of time on my hands and waste it watching TV. And not even good TV…reruns from a decade ago. I caught myself watching America’s Next Top Model Season 10! Not good…
There are a ton of things I could be doing that I’m not. So, I want to change that.
One of the things I really want to do, however, is a bit trickier since I only have access to a car one day a week and I usually don’t do it alone…hiking.
I would love to go up to New Hampshire and get above tree line. It is one of my favorite places to be. However, I can’t get there by bus 😦
Since my new work year starts on October 1st, I figure that I will also start my new year that day. Time for some changes.
Not being a beach girl, I didn’t think that I would enjoy Hawaii as much as other people. What I didn’t realize is that Hawaii is awesome.
From the multiple black sand beaches to others with hot as lava when you walk across it sand to the one just steps outside of our hotel room, they were all awesome. We saw fish, all kinds of weird birds, and multiple green sea turtles.
Of course, I did get a humongous burn the very first full day we were there. Oops…but my husband got it worse with blisters forming on his.
Everything else on HI was awesome. It is a strange state…saw a feral donkey and goat hanging out together, chickens were everywhere in Kauai, signs for watching for cracks in the road. Just awesome.
Photos under the cut.
Continue reading Hawaii…